Today, many seniors want to age in their own home, often having been comfortable there for many years. However, there are other things to consider.
Here are five of the most important.
1. When you find you have far more space that you are actually using.
2. Your total total monthly budget that you are spending for housing costs exceeds 30% of your monthly budget.
3. Your repair and maintenance cost are a burden, and you are having to pay others to do some of the work.
4. Your house no longer fits your needs, for example, too many stairs to manage, too much lawn to care for, or maybe your walkway or driveway are too long, which can be a problem in winter.
5. You may want to be closer to family as you age.
It’s never an easy decision to make, however it’s one you should make for yourselves rather than have others make it for you at some later date.
Good luck, in whatever you decide.
-Charles “Chuck” Bartolo